Saturday 29 September 2012

Walk the talk

Today is a beautiful day,
Yesterday was disgustingly hot but today is perfect for being alive.
I loved this morning I got done everything I needed to get done.
This afternoon is filled with regrets.
I regret coming to the airport only an hour early.
I regret not getting on the the first taxi that arrived and stood next to me.
I regret not just paying the 70 dollars for my overweight luggage.
I regret not buying the first alternative flight offered to me.
I regret crying...a lot at the airport as my best laid plans crumbled around me.
I regret so much about this day that turned out to be so expensive. I have spent money I just don't have.
And I had so many options for this to be different but I didn't act on any of them fast enough.
However I do not regret thinking before I act. today my thinking had resulted in missing out, but that does not mean I will act without thinking from here on, that I refuse.
So I regret my decisions but I accept that all the decisions I made were based on the information I had at the time, and I think I made the best choices I could with what was available to me.
ultimately I bought a plane ticket a while ago, bought a train ticket to get to the airport today, bought a taxi after it turned out the trains weren't working as expected.
bought another plane ticket after realising I had missed my flight, my new one way ticket costs more than my entire trip combined.
I do not like a lot of the details about today but I do not regret that much really, I did the best I could, and honestly I was poor yesterday and I'm still poor today,I haven't really been tipped into extra poor...just the same general level of poverty...so what's a couple hundred dollars.
I'm also dehydrated from crying if you're interested....but I packed a packed meal so I've at least saved money there.
This is my first blog from my new shiny phone...that's a success too....really surprisingly today is probably balanced successes and failures....depending on how you lean on the balance

No comments:

Post a Comment