Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Plan

I believe there is a big picture plan in my life. Something that I am heading towards everyday.
But I also believe that everyday I should be doing something towards that plan, not saying 'I am going to help people when...'
It's about using the little I have now, to make a difference. Being faithful with the little so that God can bless me with more. And that includes little responsibilities.
Before coming to medicine, I had time to go to camps for disadvantaged children and do regular events for homeless people in my city. This was small versions of what I KNOW I am supposed to be doing later in my life. It was me being faithful with my time to do God's work.

One of the disadvantages I am finding with being in medicine, is it has made me very self-centric. All my time is focused on myself. I have to study on weekends, and right now I think I have scheduled medicine related things for almost half of my Christmas holidays. Which means I don't have time to think outside of myself and be giving of myself.

Currently I am working on finding a way of serving.
I don't believe that I should just focus on medicine because I will be able to help people afterwards. If I can't make time for others now, there is no way I'll be able to make time as an intern. Additionally, I don't know what God has planned for me in 5 years, Medicine may not be a destination but a direction, so it's important that I am doing what I know I am supposed to be doing all the way there and not putting it off.

It's just something I have noticed and will be activiley working towards (after this exam )

No comments:

Post a Comment