Monday 24 December 2012

Crisis Averted

I was trying to organise pictures on my hard drive to make sure that pictures are sorted and saved.
And then a pop up came up that said "deleting 439 files"
I was clicking, 'cancel,' 'cancel.' But it was too late and what made me the angriest is i didn't even know which 400+ pictures were deleted, I was crushed.
And especially because there were irreplaceable photos, I am significantly less depressed when I lose documents because...I can type or dounload them again.
Anyway did some googling and discovered that a deleted file doesn't actually mean it's gone and you can download programs to undelete it.
And I downloaded a couple, and they both FOUND my pictures but wanted to charge me up to 50 dollars to recover them. So I went back to google and added 'FREE' to my search criteria and found Recuva.

And my pictures are back where they should be.
Just sharing because I was utterly crushed when I lost them, annoyed when they other programs were trying to charge me and then elated when I found Recuva. Just wanted to share the drug free elation :D

Life's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment