Saturday 4 May 2013

I woke up angry today

It happens surprisingly often.
Where my brain continues to have hypothetical conversations and then it just never rests.
On  this particular topic the reason my mind won't rest is I am so passionate about it and there is so little I can do about it that I feel so powerless and so restrained right now that my mind can't help but continue going.
I kept saying to myself, 'settle down, there is nothing you can do about it, why are these thoughts percolating so much right now'
But in retrospect this past week has had a few encounters that I just ignored and worked really hard not to get emotional about and I think finally my brain just couldn't NOT think about it anymore.
Basically I woke up with thoughts that said
"Africa is extremely wealthy
we don't know it
they know it,
so they benefit."
Europe's power rested in their colonies (us),
America's power rested in their slaves (us),
and now many of their power still rests in OUR resources, our mined, grown, farmed resources, and our SPACE, they use our land for their battles.
They are poor, they have no fertile land brimming with wealth, but they understand their position better than we understand ours.
We have power, but we don't realise it so we behave powerless.'

I am taking some deep breaths and attempting to continue studying, because that's what needs to get done right now, BUT, wait for it, the reality is it's a mentality problem, and once people begin to think properly it will change.
I am confident we will see change in my generation, and we will begin to see a reversal of the diaspora, they may not move back to live there but they will begin to claim it as their own and it will blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment