Sunday 5 May 2013

My dream come true

It's important to  begin by saying I have a lot of dreams, and on most days I feel I am living some aspect of the dreams I dreamed in the past BUT
this was worth telling.
So I am visiting a Zambian family with my mother.
And we just finished eating a wonderful meal and everyone is lying back digesting, and barely paying attention to the children running around, when the husband turns back to the table and says, ' we could build a hospital, couldn't we'
First I explode with shock because these are the kind of conversations I have grown up having in my home, I didn't know other people talk like this AND  then take a deep breath and calmly ask, 'what do you mean'


But point being it then turned into a real discussion about logisitics and funding. He had a history in finance, and funding models. IT WAS AMAZING. And the best part was being reminded that there will be like minded people who share a goal but have wonderfully different skills. When the time is right, the people will present themselves. 
I am excited, and I am especially excited because I know that already there are Africans working in a revolutionary way and I will merely be adding to what they are already doing when my time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment