Monday 1 July 2013

Manufacturing

Just a side note if you were considering a career for yourself.
Please go into manufacturing.
I have decided with all I plan to do I will do my utmost best to purchase things produced as close to Zambia as possible.
So I strongly encourage manufacturing in Zambia.
But then I zoom out and realise that the country is rather small and cannot manufacture everything, and so I must encourage those in surrounding countries to consider manufacturing as well.
I imagine (I imagine a lot you would have realised by now) building a hospital and supplying the entire hospital by regional manufacturers, all within Africa, and in this way we build each other.
An economical and practical manifestation of the African Union.
I imagine we don't really need foreign (as in overseas) investment if we are willing to invest in each other.
I believe Africa is so wealthy and if we focus in, on our own raw materials and we choose to do something with them we can provide for our own needs (EVEN WANTS). 
I feel like I've probably already mentioned this, but I cannot for the life of me justify why we get so much stuff from overseas considering the amount of raw materials and human capital we have. I get so excited and ever so slightly agitated at imagining what Africa will be like in 20 years.
I promise you it will be different and I have the privilege of being a part of this new generation. The conversation in young Africans is so different and I think a new era is arising.
It's exciting!
So I encourage others to think big so that you may be a part of this new Africa as well.
Dare to imagine a better Africa lead by better Africans (better only because we finally realise our true potential, we have always been amazing and capable of so much more but we never seemed to know it).  

No comments:

Post a Comment