Wednesday 24 October 2012

Boredom

So it's monday morning and I ask
'How was your weekend'
And the person says, ' boring, after studying for a about 5 hours, I had nothing else to do'


----
In a separate conversation with someone entirely different:
We are discussing growing old, and wanting to live long after retirement
and the person says
"Well, you don't really wanna live too long after retirement, there is nothing to do'

-----

My mind is boggled by people who seem to need to be doing stuff. I love doing nothing.
for MY weekends, after studying for five hours, I go to the gym, grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, and then DO NOTHING. And I love it.
I just sit there enjoying watching the hours pass, I let my brain relax because it's been working so hard all week. And it's the same nothing I do on my holidays. I can do it for weeks on end and after retirement I will do it for months on end. Except in nicer places, cause I would have saved up money and I will be able to go to stupidely exciting places for my retirement and do NOTHING.
A little bit of something but mostly nothing.
I want to meddle in other people's lives, I want to be able to get totally engrossed in the now and not feel compelled to plan for next week/year. And these are the joys I am looking forward to during retirement.. it'll be amazing..only 50 years to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment