Tuesday 9 October 2012

Racism?

I've always been way too slow to be insulted by racism.
I assume people are being nice, and if people hate me they hate me because of some obnoxious quality I have. So I always hear about someone being racist in retrospect, or consider it after the fact.
This is good, it means I never get into unnecessary arguments that would probably only serve to feed whatever hatred they had for my race already.

So I am walking in my burb.
And I white guy looks at me and says
"They are africans in this burb now?"
And I laugh, becuase I took it as just casual conversation
" We've been here for a long time"
(For the record: NO, I am feeling so lonely and I poune on every slightly dark person I find, becuase there are BARELY in black people in this burb. But I was still walking past him and making casual conversation)
"Taking over the place" He says.
And I was passed him at this point. But as I was walking away, I realised I assumed it was casual conversation.
BUT REALLY, this isn't the kind of thing, you say to strangers as casual conversation.
This is closest I have been to going up to someone and saying, "Would you please clarify your point"
That's the kind of racism you'll find this country, people saying stupid things, and I am almost 80% sure it's not related to any particular hatred for my race, but to just plane old ignorance that I probably don't want to have a conversation about how "we're taking over"

Ugh
For the record, we are only here, because it's so hard to survive in our own countries, because we have bad leadership (mostly because you guys interfere in our leadership) and generate hoops for our leaders to jump through that derails them from their goals.
It's hard to live in our own countries because we are still building and we are still building because some light skinned idiot decided we were nothing but animals and destroyed our societies.


---
I know where he works...

No comments:

Post a Comment