Sunday 21 October 2012

Churches

How amazing is it that God loves us all, that God LOVED us BEFORE we could even declare our love, that God LOVED us enough to still come down knowing we would mistreat him and kill him.
God's love = amazing
But what I think is a really cool manifestation of God's love is the different churches. They are soo many different styles of church declaring who Jesus is and God loves us enough to let us worship in whatever way works best for who we are and I don't think he cares.
I honestly don't think he cares whether we sing hymns or rock music, as long as we are declaring his Lordship.
I, myself, am a shouting, jumping, Holy Ghost fire pentecost, and I recently found myself in a hymn church. And I was struck by how awesome it is that those people were also worshipping God, without having to feel uncomfortable in my shouty, jumpy church. That for them spending time with God doesn't have to involve feeling uncomfortable or forcing themselves to behave in a way that is inconsistent with who God made them to be.
It's cool, there is a church for all of us.
Wow, God thought of everything. .

No comments:

Post a Comment