Tuesday 2 October 2012

Raising money

<p>There once was a little boy, who lived in Zambia. He was the youngest of four but tragedy struck while he was in primary school.<br>
He lost both his parents (rumour has it, it may have been AIDS).<br>
He is loved because he is uncomplicated, spending time with him is peaceful and unstressful. But most importantly he is ridiculously Hard working.
In the time we have known him he seems to have responded to life and all its unpleasantness with study. He seems to understand that education is his way out.
This year he graduates grade twelve. We are optimistic he will get into university and get a bursary because of his life circumstances.
However, he has no idea what to do at uni. He has not been exposed to many options and there has been an idea floating around to sponsor him to take a trip, see a tiny bit of the world, and spend some time shadowing some of the careers he has considered.
But ultimately the question I'm asking myself is how can I raise 10000 dollars by the end of this year (although even half of that would be enough)?
How do I raise money when I have to study and fund my own existence?

............ .     . . . . . . . .
Someone just came up to me and said "how are doing, ma'am"
I don't think I like being a ma'am.

No comments:

Post a Comment