Monday 15 October 2012

Loneliness

Loneliness is when something absolutely amazing happens.
When I KNOW God is working in my life, because he has just answered a life long prayer.
Or when God has just tickled me pink, done something in my day to make me laugh
and there is absolutely no one to share it with.
They are there, but they won't get it, they won't really share in my joy, not even for any negative reasons, but they just won't get it.
Loneliness is knowing that the people around you are people you can complain with (the language of whining is pretty darn universal), but you can't rejoice with because they just won't understand the things that bring you utter joy.
Either way, I'm pretty darn happy, so it's alright.
And if I am honest, the poeple who will understand and share my joy do exist, they are just far away. And life has just changed so that I have to call them or email them to share my news, and not just show up at their door, but there are still there. And for that I thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment